Friday, March 7, 2014

colca canyon, the easy way

Instead of hiking, Tyler, my mom, and I stayed at the top of Colca Canyon and then spent the night at a nice hotel. I was pretty happy with that arrangement. I did spend around 12 hours on a bus getting to and from Colca Canyon with no electronics and a 5 year old, so I put my time in. The bus ride did allow us to see miles and miles of Pre-Incan and Incan agriculture terraces. It is absolutely amazing how much they built. We also saw llamas and vicunas in their natural habitat. And our hotel had their own natural hot springs set in the middle of beautiful valleys. We were basically just surrounded by beauty for days, which is such a refreshing break from the concrete jungle that we live in.

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

{photo by Tyler}UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
Other Arequipa posts:
Exploring Arequipa
Colca Canyon Hike

No comments: