Thursday, February 20, 2014

i've got that summertime

It's summer here below the equator. The kids have been out of school since mid-December. After five months of no sun, we've been soaking it up and enjoying the pool and the beach. Summer in the city can get a little long, though, with no neighbors to play with and neighborhoods to run around in. The kids and I have spent almost every day of summer exclusively together. I think we're all very ready for school to start in a few weeks. We're also finally moving next week, so our summer is ending on a very busy note.

Here's our summer in photos...

As you do, we started the summer off with Christmas. We actually traveled to Arequipa, Peru with my parents for Christmas and there are so many pictures from that trip that I will share them in another post. Here's a picture of our Krochet Kids Peru staff Christmas party. We had a "white elephant" present exchange and it was quite fun. 
Untitled

The theme of Brady's life is the NFL, so naturally that was also his Christmas theme.
Untitled

I was blessed with a trip to the United States BY MYSELF for a week. I ate all of my favorite foods (Panera Bread, powdered doughnuts, Arby's), spent quality time in Target, and enjoyed precious time with friends and my sister. I spend a lot of my time in Peru alone (or with kids), so this trip and the community it provided was a huge gift.
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

Oh, errands in the summer with four (or five) kids. You are not my favorite.
UntitledUntitled

To make sure we are keeping up with US reading standards, I implemented a summer reading program for Riley and Ford. They each had a list of 11 books that they had to read and do book reports on. The time they have spent reading has been huge in helping us get through the summer. Brady and I continued to work on his reading together.
UntitledUntitled

Passing the time during soccer practices.
UntitledUntitled

Summer is cremoladas for lunch.
Untitled

We had an epic Super Bowl party. Riley decorated the house and even made cupcakes with Seahawk logo toppers. Someone couldn't hang though.Untitled

Actually someone has a hard time hanging in summer with the later bedtime, so her "reading" time usually ends up looking like this.
Untitled

And car rides look like this.

UntitledUntitled

And watching tv looks like this.
Untitled

And of course there is the beach, where we can all breath a little easier.Untitled

No comments: