Tuesday, May 29, 2012

time off

My solo trip to the States was amazing.  I had so much fun and was so relaxed the entire time.  I saw dear, dear friends that I hadn't seen in over a year and soaked up every minute with them.  Community and connection are powerful things.  I am so thankful for the break from both life in Peru and my kids and the rejuvenation that this trip provided.

I forgot my camera, so my pictures are few.  I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures to remember my lunch with old life group gals, potluck dinner with my closest girlfriends, and lunch with church friends.  Here's what I do have...

I got to spend almost three days with my sisters and niece.  It was really fun to be together and on our last day we got spontaneous and hit up Six Flags.  All three of us are roller coaster junkies so we spent the day riding all of the maximum thrill rides.  And a few kid rides for my niece of course!  I was definitely sick at the end of the day, but it was totally worth it.

P1020135P1020141P1020145P1020156


I also went to San Diego with my dear friends Jenn and Kinzi.  We saw an amazing musical called "Scottsboro Boys."  Since musicals are one of my favorite things in the world, this was a real treat for me.  I also had the best meal of the whole trip.  An amazing brunch of french toast, eggs, potatoes, and a huge glass of cold milk.  It was a very relaxing few days spent sleeping, eating, praying, and watching movies in bed.

Image 6Image 1Image 3

Sadly this is the only picture that I have of my time with my good friend Bree.  Bree is getting married in July, so I was able to run a few wedding errands with her and we also did some Target shopping.  And of course we ate.  My sweet friend Jamie also joined us for a bit, but of course I didn't take a picture.

383455_10151670267895344_504800343_24084088_1696883618_n

No comments: