Thursday, October 27, 2011

a tour

I thought it would be fun to give everyone a tour of the Krochet Kids Peru program location...

*Yes, I sent Blake up to the roof because I have a debilitating fear of heights. The steps leading up to the roof have no protection on either side and I don't want to fall three stories to my death.


Also, we got our hat labels and the ladies were so proud to sign their names on them.  This was the first time one of the ladies had ever signed her name, so she needed help with the spelling.  Signing hats is a big deal.  It is an act of empowerment for the ladies to claim what they made and know that whoever buys it will know they created it.  For a woman, whose life has told her that she is nothing, to find out that she will be known is overwhelming and inspiring.  It speaks of redemption.



IMG_1965IMG_1967IMG_1968

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great idea, Sarah! I loved being able see (& hear) everything.

So ... if we buy a hat in the US can we be guaranteed a tag signed by the maker aaand know that it's been worn at least once by Blake? If so, I'm so in. ;)