Monday, October 3, 2011

a need

**Updated**
Wow! You guys have blown me away with your generosity! We are so thankful and appreciative. I am just so honored that you love our ladies. Nobody ever does things like this for them.  It will be such a sweet gift for them to receive.

Seriously, you guys- not even 24 hours after I posted this need the list has been taken care of!!  As I mentioned below if anyone wants to purchase toys on their own or donate old toys they are done using, I can give you my parents' address to send the items to.  Just email me at goodfellowsinperu at gmail dot com.

Thank you so much!!

Today we talked with the ladies at KKP about how we should structure childcare. Obviously it is very hard for all of the women to work with little kids running around, but each woman cannot afford childcare on her own. After a long discussion, the women decided that the best setup would be to all pitch in and share a childcare worker. So, now the ladies can bring their kids, but not be solely responsible for them while they are also trying to work.

While the women are going to pay for the childcare, we have decided to surprise them and set up a fun room for their kids to be in each day. This is where we need your help. I have created a small wishlist on Amazon of items we would love to have in this room. We would be delighted if anyone wanted to help us purchase these items. The good news is that our family is going to the States on Friday (for my sister's wedding!) so we can bring back the items (they will be sent to my parents' house). We are leaving the States on October 18th, so any gifts need to arrive by the 17th. I am sorry that this is a last minute request, but Amazon normally delivers pretty quickly.

If you guys want to pick out any other items (especially toys) that would be welcomed also. The ages of the kids we have right now are 9 months, 1 year, 3 years (2 girls and 1 boy), 4 years (1 boy and 1 girl). Also, if you want to send any toys that you are done using I can give you my parents' address. Just email me at goodfellowsinperu at gmail dot com. Thank you guys so much for reading our blog and caring about these ladies and their children.





















The room before.  I will post an after picture when we return from the States.

No comments: