Sunday, January 9, 2011

before and after

We are 10 days away from leaving for Peru. 10 days! Things are crazy around here, to say the least. I feel like my brain is only half functioning and that is on a good day. We have sold almost all of our furniture which is a job in itself. We will have a huge yard sale on Saturday for all that is left. After that is a Goodwill run and then our house will be practically empty. We are also trying to figure out exactly what to take in our 12 suitcases. Apparently, quality clothes are both expensive and not cute in Lima so I need to take at least a year's worth of clothes for each of our kids. Figuring out what exactly I still need to buy is another job in itself. We are throwing a going away party for both Riley and Ford this week with their school friends. We have all of our last appointments- dentist, doctor, and hair cuts. We are also keeping our house clean for showings. And trying to figure out enough logistical stuff to make my head spin. Most importantly, we are spending as much time as possible with friends. And the icing on the cake? We are homeschooling! (It's a long story, but we are only homeschooling until March when a new school year starts in Peru). We're also dealing with some heavy anxiety from Ford which weighs on us more than anything else.

I cannot wait to be on that plane and know that all of this planning, selling, packing, and logistical crap is behind us.

Here are some before and after pictures of the kids' rooms. Not your typical before and after, but it actually feels really good to get rid of our stuff.


Before
IMG_7702



After
IMG_8544



Before
IMG_7703



After
IMG_8573

9 comments:

Into Africa.... said...

I have been following your blog for about a year and a half now. I am so amazed and inspired by your story. I went on my first mission trip last year - to Kenya and didn't want to come home! I too have 4 children. My husband and I have prayed about moving our family.... I will pray for you and your family as you follow God's calling. I can't wait to hear about all the blessings I know are coming - for you and those you will serve....

Prayers for strength and courage....
Nicole Conner

Breanne said...

love you. continuing to pray. see you soon.

Anne said...

God bless you and your family's inspiring love and obedience! Saw a Krochet Kids segment on the evening news last night...felt so happy (elated, actually) for your ministry to get this coverage!
Praying for a blessed transition for your family.
You are such an inspiration!

Lauren said...

Just stumbled upon your blog - your story is awesome!! I'm praying for you all and the kids during this time. Especially any anxieties that might come up as I get anxious myself. What will you be doing in Peru?

Peace and blessings to you!

Lauren

Lauren said...

Nevermind I found a post all about :)

Good luck these last few days!

Sarah said...

Thank you everyone! Things are absolutely crazy right now, but know that your encouragement is an encouragement to us. Truly. Helps us keep everything in perspective as we get caught up in the logistics and tiredness of it all.

Lauren said...

This is random, but I just thought I would ask!

Do you know if you all will need extra help in Peru? I have been looking for different organizations abroad to work/volunteer for.

My email should be connected to my blog, but if not - laurenpalmieri@gmail.com

And I am in complete understanding that you are swamped at the moment, just thought I would ask :)

Jeana said...

We are really excited for you and your family and continue praying for you during all of the craziness! We also want to sponsor you during the next year. Please let me know where to send our donations. Peace and love from those of us at RHSC. Jake and Jeana Miller / jfrench06@gmail.com

Purifoy Family said...

How selfish, but after catching up on all that you have been doing, I wasn't prepared to see my paintings still in Riley's room!! Tears from the memories of our days!