Wednesday, June 16, 2010

riley again


Today I walked 2 miles and got a jug of water. Then I walked 2 miles back with the jug of water. We had to pour about half of the water out because it was waaaaaaaaaaay too heavy. I had to push the water.


It was very hard work and I felt glad when I got home because I pushed a whole jug of water 2 miles. I was also very tired and had to go to school right after that. My teacher said that I looked tired. I said, "Yea, it's because I had to wake up at 5:30." My teacher gave me a weird look.

I didn't know that it was that hard to walk and get water. Kids without water nearby have to do that everyday without anyone helping them- I had my dad helping me. If I had to do that everyday that would be very hard for me. I feel really selfish because they do it everyday and I only did it once.

I was nervous that we were going to run out of water during the day and then I would have to go back and get more! So, we were very careful with the water. Brady was thirsty a lot, so he asked at least 6 times for more water. We had to tell him, "no, we're saving water."

I hope that this will help get more money for clean water. I'm going to make sure that my family always gives money to give people clean water, so no one has to walk like I did anymore. Here's where you go to help. Please. Bye now!

2 comments:

Into Africa.... said...

Riley, you are an amazing little girl who obviously has a huge heart for the poor. I am so very proud of you. I have been reading your mom's blog for about a year now. I have four children and I tell them about you. I went to Africa this year and I am trying to find all the ways I can help as well. Keep going mighty child of God!!!

Donna said...

Riley, if everyone cared as much as you do, the world would be a better place. Keep up the good work.

To Riley's mom and dad... I am a freelance writer and I would like to ask your permission to write an article about your incredible little girl for a leading children's magazine. Please email me at cruncher1970@charter.net so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,
Donna