Thursday, July 30, 2009

10 years


Blake and I are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary tomorrow (we will spend it saying good-bye as I board a plane with the kids headed to North Carolina). Honestly, it feels like we’ve been married forever. I don’t remember much of life before Blake.

We had no idea what we were getting into 10 years ago when we took our vows (I mean- NO idea). Since then we have been through better, through worse, through richer, through poorer, through sickness, and through health. We have loved and cherished each other (and been really mean and crappy to each other) and will continue to do so until death do us part (hopefully more of the love and cherish part and less of the mean and crappy part). Our vows are as sacred today as they were 10 years ago. And our love and commitment to each other is much stronger than it was 10 years ago.

Finally, how can I write about our 10 year wedding anniversary without gushing about my groom? To say that I am thankful for Blake is an understatement. He is so patient and so steady and is the rock of our family. He is more gracious than I deserve. He is giving and selfless. He is funny. He works hard. He is a man of God. Here’s what I wrote in my journal soon after meeting him, “Blake is so awesome to be with. He’s a great guy. Today he said something about how he loves Jesus- how many guys say that? Pretty special ones.” (Totally cheesy, I know). I’m so thankful that my immature 20-year-old self was smart enough to realize how amazing Blake is and marry him 10 years ago! Happy Anniversary Baby!

6 comments:

Kristin Vanzant said...

Happy Anniversary my sweet friends!!!

I love you both more than you know!
Can't wait to have you here soon!!!
Woo Hoo!

Love,
K

The Leonards said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Tay's Mom said...

happy anniversary!!! you guys are such a beautiful couple, inside and out!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Congratulations on 10 years! That is awesome! I have truly enjoyed hearing what you guys are up to through your blog. The two of you have truly glorified the Lord through your life, marriage, parenting, and kids these past 10 years. I can only imagine how His kingdom has been furthered by you and will continue to be. It is so great! Congrats again and you guys are a great team!

Kristy (Shumate) Bible

JTP said...

sooo sweet! you two are awesome!

Lauren said...

Happy 10 years!