Thursday, April 23, 2009

over the hill

It's official. I turned 30 on Wednesday. Back in the day I couldn't wait to turn 30. I remember when I was 22 years old and had Riley and all I ever heard was that I was too young to have a kid. I would dream about being 30 because it seemed a valid age to have children. About 6 months ago things began to change and I quickly realized that there is nothing to look forward to after 30. It's all downhill from here. I can't get behind being excited about 35, 40, etc. I'm pretty sure the kicker was when my little sister put me in the same age category as our mom now that I'm 30 (no offense mom). So, I'm a little depressed. And as it turns out being 30 with 4 kids gets you just as many comments as being 22 with 1 kid. Thanks for nothing, 30.

Here are some pictures of us "celebrating" the big day. As you will see in the second picture, Tyler decided to stick her hand in the icing (and I was licking it off). I think the look on her face says it all. She's a sneaky one.

No comments: