Thursday, February 12, 2009

He did it


I've blogged a little bit about Ford and how sensitive and neurotic he is. He literally cannot turn his brain off. We love him for it- it is part of what makes Ford who he is.

Ford has really been struggling with fear recently- mainly at night. He is terrified of earthquakes. He also told us that he doesn't like his brain because it makes him scared. It's pretty heartbreaking to have your 5 year old tell you that he doesn't like his brain. So, we have been praying every night with Ford for God to take away his fear. And every night Ford is frustrated because God doesn't take his fear away and he wants to know why. Why won't God fix his brain? I don't have the answer to that- it's a question we can spend our whole lives asking. Why won't God fix "it"? I have asked that question so many times. So, we continued to pray every night believing that God would fix it.

Last night, as Blake was leaving Ford's room, Ford said, "Dad, I think He fixed it." Such sweet words to our ears. Thank you Lord.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

He is so stinkin' faithful. I love that a 5 year old's prayers are important enough to our big, big God.

The Leonards said...

oh, Sarah. what a precious heart he has. i love reading your blog...sorry i haven't called back yet. between the crazy time difference and a really CRAZY hectic schedule, it's hard to find the right time. let's talk soon. love to you all.

Mark, Jamie & Hazel Thrash said...

That is freakin awesome, I love me some Ford. He is going to be just fine, much love

Me said...

Sarah I love reading your blog...this last one made me cry...but I think it's cause my tears have been building up as I've read through this last year of life experiences you've all shared. You and your family inspire my heart...