Monday, December 1, 2008

update

The phone rang this morning at around 4am- definitely one of the worst feelings ever because you know it's the hospital and it's probably not good news. Tyler ended up needing a blood transfusion. Blake and I quickly got ready and headed to the hospital to be with her. It actually wasn't as scary as I thought that it would be. (Well, not the first time they tried to infuse and her IV blew- that sucked). I even got to hold her during part of the transfusion. The doctor said the new blood is good for around 100 days. Depending on which blood disorder Tyler has, she could require blood transfusions regularly.

We don't have any other news- we are simply waiting on blood results. I am allowed to actually nurse Tyler once a day now (she has been getting the breastmilk in a bottle so they can measure exactly how much she receives). I am excited to spend that quality time with my babe! Some prayer requests:

-That Tyler would respond well to the new blood and that she wouldn't break it down. That it would serve as a healing device.
-That Tyler's bilirubin would stay down so that they could start turning off lights (I would love for her to be off phototherapy so she's not in the dark the majority of the day).
-That Tyler would nurse well after a week's break and that it would be a sweet time not a frustrating time.
-For Blake and I- we are so tired. Between pumping last night and the 4 am phone call I got 3 hours of sleep. We are going to the hospital twice a day for as long as needed. Blake returned to work today. We are weary.
-That we would have an answer as to what is causing all of this and there is a clear treatment plan.
-For our other 3 kids. Ford & Brady's birthdays are the 5th and 11th. We have plans to celebrate their birthdays at Disneyland on Saturday. Please pray that they both feel loved, cherished, and special on their birthdays admist this chaos! Please pray that I am able to do Disneyland for a full day- anything without Tyler right now is hard for me to bare.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

12 comments:

JTP said...

Thanks for the specific prayer requests- it's hard to know what to pray for when you haven't been in that situation-so thanks! Enjoy Disneyland! I am so glad I found your blog- I am loving reading it :-) love, jt

DianneM said...

Your entire family is being prayed for by us. I am so sorry and wish you peaceful rest.

Melissa said...

Oh, Sarah and Blake, I have been praying since I saw this news! :( I know you two have to be scared, nervous, and anxious, but I know our God is in charge of it all. Just keep leaning on Him! I'm sorry I haven't seen or posted sooner than this. God bless your family!

The Bennett family (Melissa and Jon, Caleb, Sam, Abby, Andrew, Seth, and Ruthy)

The Leonards said...

We are praying!

Tay's Mom said...

Absolutely, we are on it. My husband and I have been praying for you guys and are thankful for these specific prayer requests. Try to get some rest tonight. You know Tyler is in good "hands" :)

The Wood Family said...

Hi Goodfellows...Sarah, my name is Claire and I went to Red Bank with Blake. (He was our photographer for the yearbook staff!) He shared your blogspot on his facebook. I just finished reading about your ordeal with Tyler. Please know that the Lord has you in the palm of his hand! I am going to link you to our blog. God bless you and your precious family.

Al said...

We're continuing to pray with ya'll...thanks for the updates and specific needs. We love you all <3
Our pastor shared this verse in our staff devotions this morning, and ya'll came to mind as I prayed this verse for you.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

The Blakes said...

Sweet friend...my eyes are full of tears. We are thinking of your whole family and pray grace and peace on you all. Can we do anything to help?? We cannot wait to see that sweet baby...

Purifoy Family said...

I don't even know what to say... my heart aches for you. I am praying though for your sweet family & that the Lord would wrap his arms around you all! Love you!

Katherine said...

Blake and Sarah, I just found your blog through someone else's blog. I just wanted you to know that Joel and I are praying for Tyler and your whole family right now. We just had a little boy a week after Tyler was born. Actually, his name is Ford. Not quite the historical significance as your Ford, but just as sentimental (he was named after our Grandaddys). When I look at him, I think about y'all and pray for you. Thanks for keeping the blog updated so that we can know how Tyler is doing. I pray that you will feel the power, love, peace, and strength of the Lord and that He would pour His healing on baby Tyler.

Erica Parsons said...

I have been following your blog for a few weeks now and I am praying for little Tyler and for your entire family. Tyler is on prayer lists with both of my grandmothers' church groups and with my parents, friends and co-workers. I wish you peace during this difficult time.

Katie Bond said...

Sarah and Blake - We are praying for you during this time, specifically for rest, patience, discernment, and wisdom. Take care, Katie and Matt