Monday, December 29, 2008

so thankful


We finally have Tyler's blood test results- took long enough, huh? I'll refrain from saying how I feel about that and get to the GOOD news. All of Tyler's tests came back normal! Praise God! I don't even know what disorders they were testing for, but I'm so, so thankful that Tyler doesn't have whatever they were testing for. It seems to have been a one time case of hemolytic anemia. There is one more test that they can't do until Tyler's 6 months old. It's for hereditary spherocytosis. I googled researched it when we got home today. Two of the main symptoms match what Tyler had (anemia and jaundice), but Tyler doesn't have the other main symptom (enlarged spleen). So, we'll see. From what I read it is very managable and would only require blood transfusions on occasion (if she picked up a virus or something that would then trigger the hemolysis). Worst case scenario is that her spleen would be removed. I was told to keep an eye on her and call immediately if she begins to look jaundiced, pale, or becomes lethargic.

I am still so thankful to have Tyler home. The trama of having her in the NICU for a week hasn't worn off. To say that I have a thankful heart right now is an understatement. I'm constantly thanking God for another day with her, the gift of laying on the couch holding her, being able to nurse her, and kissing her sweet cheeks. I hate putting her to bed at night because I just don't want to miss a moment with her. (Being so stinkin' tired makes it a little easier though!) Again, thank you to everyone for your prayers!

2 comments:

Al said...

oh my word - this was such wonderful news to see!! thank God! thanks for the update...and that picture of her is so sweet - she's beautiful.

we are still on our 2 week trip! we're in reno right now with jeff's cousin and his wife - having a great time, but definitely missing my home :) thanks for the message - i'll call you real soon! merry christmas <3

The Ward Family said...

hey ! ( this is angela from UT and I think you will remember me through YL and Blake ) BUT anyway, your family is beautiful and I am so thankful that little Tyler is healthy - PRAISE THE LORD. Just wanted you to know that I came across your blog via the Purifoys blog and have been keeping up with your updates and praying for your little girl. Blessings to you all in 2009! Please tell Blake hello for me :)