Tuesday, December 2, 2008

hope

If you read Bree's post then you know that today was a very good day and our God is a very good God. It started off crappy- the nurse barely let me hold Tyler this morning, the doctors were late doing their rounds and I had to go pick up Ford from preschool so I wasn't going to get to talk to them. I thought I would be going home without answers for another day. Little did I know that the Lord was working...

Blake was sweet and picked up Ford so that I could stay at the hospital. The next thing I knew the doctors were there for rounds and the chief of staff was saying that Tyler could go home tomorrow if she kept her bili below a 14! I couldn't have asked for or imagined better news. We took Tyler out from under the lights and she spent an hour looking around and staring at me. After a week in the dark, she had a lot to see! Since she was done with the phototherapy that meant she could be held. And hold her I did- all day long! I finally left at 9pm to get some sleep and get ready for tomorrow. She also gets to nurse as often as I/she wants and she did great. That is a HUGE answered prayer- I was so nervous that after a week of bottles she would refuse to nurse.

Tyler's blood disorder still needs to be diagnosed and treated, but that can be done on an outpatient basis. Hopefully we will have some answers soon. We are willing to do whatever is needed to keep Tyler healthy and we are prepared for a lifetime of treatment. I'll take her wherever, go to as many doctor appointments as necessary, and do whatever I need to do to keep her healthy. Plus she has the Great Physican taking care of her so she's in good hands.

So, hopefully we are bringing Tyler home tomorrow!! And can I say how amazed at you guys I am? Holy cow! You guys are prayer warriors. Thank you for bringing Tyler to the Lord's feet. I honestly can't convey how blessed and loved we feel right now. Seriously, thank you for joining us on this journey.

7 comments:

Erica Parsons said...

It brings tears to my eyes to know that Tyler is doing well and coming home. I prayed with my grandmother on the phone yesterday morning that the Great Physician would bring wellness to Tyler, bring peace to your family and that He would reveal the necessary treatments to the doctors and nurses. What an incredible blessing that this has come true!

Al said...

thank the Lord for His care and provision. this was such good news to hear this morning sarah. we will continue to pray for tyler and her doctors as you wait on a diagnosis of what's going on with her blood. we continue to pray for your strength and rest as well! how exciting that you can still go to disneyland this weekend, and maybe bring tyler?!? praying that you get to bring tyler home today - love ya'll <3

Al said...

Sarah, after reading your post on "hope" i just read another blog that is writing about hope during the advent season. thought i'd share this quote with you -

"The season of Advent invites us to pay attention to that hope, to listen to hope’s whispering, more intentionally.

So during this season, may we be able to find hope, even (or especially?) in the hard stuff.

May we pay more attention to that hopeful impulse underneath our reactions and emotions.

May we be surprised by the amount of hope that is whispering deep inside each of us."

The Leonards said...

Sarah, this is wonderful news! We are still praying and so thankful for what the Lord is doing!

Purifoy Family said...

Praise God! So glad she is home and everyone can hold your precious little gift (especially you). Still praying for results!

Kristin L. said...

Please know that sweet Tyler and your family are in our prayers daily. For health, strength, and peace.

Anonymous said...

I love you. :-)

kv