Friday, November 21, 2008

the first week

We have survived! Tyler has been such a good baby- I actually feel like I'm getting a decent amount of sleep for having a newborn. In some ways I am sad that the first week is over because it's our last "first week" ever. There's nothing I love more than a newborn baby, so I don't want this time to go too fast. I can't get enough of Tyler- holding her, kissing her, watching her.

Ford is having a very hard time with the transition. While he adores Tyler the most out of all the kids and follows her (and me) around all day, he is having major breakdowns about school and soccer. He refused to participate in his last soccer practice even though it meant he wasn't allowed to play in his game. He has cried everyday he has school- the teacher has to hold him screaming and crying when he is left. We've tried everything with him and nothing is working. We'll see how long it continues- since I'll be taking him to school now by myself with Brady and Tyler in tow I'm hoping he can pull it together soon. So, if you think of Ford say a prayer for him. It's very hard to watch him go through this.

Here's some pictures from Tyler's first week of life...Tyler had to stay in the hospital because the pediatrician was concerned about her jaundice and wanted her to do phototherapy. She seems to be having a hard time getting rid of her jaundice so we're keeping a close eye on her.Finally coming home at 10 o'clock at night!

The kids were so excited to wake up to Tyler!

I love Brady's bed head!




Tyler is supervising the game from afar

2 comments:

Tay's Mom said...

Tyler is absolutely gorgeous! And, I will be praying for Ford. We're having major tantrum issues with Taylor right now too (very intense and so random), so I know it's tough - and I only have one kiddo! You're a strong and wonderful Mommy! I'm praying for you all!

Purifoy Family said...

Tyler's cheeks are so cute!! Love Brady's haircut, that sweet smile he has holding her and how she is looking right at Ford! Riley is such a proud big sis and I know you are so glad to have another baby girl! Miss you!